Agent TypeOrganisationHistoryThe Central Library (sometimes referred to as the Old Library) of the University of Melbourne was located initially in the Registrar's Office who until 1892, also held the function of Librarian. In 1865 the collection which had grown to 8200 volumes was moved from the Registrar's office in the Old Quadrangle to an upper room at the east end of the north wing. The Library collection again moved in 1875, 1927 and finally in 1959 with the opening of the Baillieu Library.
Baillieu Library. University of Melbourne Archives, accessed 14/02/2026, https://archives.library.unimelb.edu.au/nodes/view/58324